Monday, February 15, 2010

Kid-Friendly Kosher Recipes


If you’ve ever had to cook kosher recipes for a child before, you know how picky they can be. I had a friend tell me that many nights, she ends up cooking two meals: one for the kids and one for the adults, just so everyone can eat something they like. Personally, I feel that it’s good for kids to expand their palates and try things they “don’t like”. Most of the time, it’s not that they don’t like the food; it’s that they’ve never tried it!

If you’re past the point of getting your kids to try new things and just want to eat one meal together that everyone will like, you should check out kosherista.com’s kid-friendly recipes. Last week, I was looking for kosher food recipes that could be enjoyed by my whole family and was so happy with the variety of results I found.

I decided on Coca Cola Chicken and the name alone got my kids interested in what I making. The recipe called for one quartered whole chicken, 2 cups of Coca Cola, 2 Tablespoons of apricot jam, 3 tablespoons of onion soup powder, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons of ketchup. I baked the chicken for two hours and ended up with a delicious dinner that didn’t get any groans from the little ones. The only downside is my kids ask every night if were having Coca Cola Chicken for dinner. Now I have to find a new kosher recipe that can top this!

0 comments:

Kosher Recipes   © 2008. Blogging by Ajax Union Internet Marketing

TOP